This open house was active from Sept. 23-Oct. 9, 2022. Information on this website may no longer be current. Email us for more information.
We're sorry we can't enjoy cookies together on a stroll down the Reedville Trail, but here's a recipe you can enjoy at home.
Reedville Trail Mix Sweet and Salty Cookie Bars
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 8 ounces bittersweet or dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups roasted and salted almonds, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Line a 13-by-9 inch cake pan or casserole dish with parchment paper.
- Mix together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Cream together butter and brown sugar.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in oats, cherries, about half of the chocolate and one cup of almonds.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the baking dish.
- Chill mixture in refrigerator while preheating the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Allow bars to cool completely, before cutting into bars.
- Using the microwave or double-boiler, melt remaining chocolate with coconut oil.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over the bars.
- Sprinkle remaining nuts over the bars.
- Chill in refrigerator to help chocolate set.